At present, China has not promulgated formal control standards for electronic cigarettes. The following standards or requirements are for reference only.
1. In 2019, CCTV's 315 Gala report showed some potential hazards of e-cigarettes, a new type of tobacco product, to consumers. The report mainly mentioned two problems: the nicotine content of e-cigarette liquid is not standardized and the e-cigarette smoke contains formaldehyde, and formaldehyde is a carcinogen announced by the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization.
Therefore, before selling e-cigarettes in China, it is recommended to detect the nicotine concentration of e-liquid and the content of aldehydes and ketones (including formaldehyde) in the smoke.
2. Electronic cigarettes not only have tobacco-related attributes but also electronic product attributes. Electronic products have relevant national requirements in terms of electrical safety and environmental protection.
GB 4706.1 in electrical safety; China RoHS in environmental protection, the corresponding standards are GB/T 26125 and GB/T 26572.
3. Transportation safety, if the product needs to be transported by air or sea, you need to provide the relevant air and sea certification.
First of all, electronic cigarettes generally contain batteries, so they must meet the requirements of UN38.3
Secondly, if the e-cigarette contains e-liquid, the e-liquid needs to be identified by air and sea to determine whether the product can be safely transported.
4. The draft of the national standard for electronic cigarettes. The draft refers to the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), safety, battery and chemical performance requirements of electronic cigarettes. The draft has not been formally implemented, but it can be used as a reference for enterprises to control product quality.
Clause 184.108.40.206 Radio disturbance, test items include conduction and radiation, test standard GB 17799.3
Clauses 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 (except 188.8.131.52) and 184.108.40.206, the test items are mainly safety performance, refer to the test standard GB 4706.1
Clause 220.127.116.11 Battery, the test items are mainly the safety performance of the battery, the test standard GB31241
Clauses 18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52, 4.2.6, 184.108.40.206.1, 4.3 Chemical properties, testing items cover China RoHS, food contact materials, e-liquid components and e-cigarette emissions content, refer to the test standards GB/T 26125, GB 4806, etc.
5. Shenzhen local standard SZDB/Z 157-2015 puts forward requirements on the physical properties and harmful substances of e-liquid. The standard has requirements for e-liquid's color, aroma and fragrance, relative density, refractive index, diethylene glycol, methanol , nicotine, phthalates, moisture, diacetyl, heavy metals, inorganic arsenic, total number of colonies, Escherichia coli, total number of molds and yeasts, etc.
Acute toxicity GB15193.3
Tobacco flavor QB/T 1506
polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons